Your health is our priority.
Please read these guidelines for a safe visit.
Your safety is our priority. As guidance from the CDC and the State of Vermont changes, Your safety is our priority. We continue to follow guidance from the CDC and the State of Vermont.
While you are indoors, masks are recommended for all unvaccinated visitors.
We ask that you respect the distancing guidance and remain 6" apart from people who are not part of your group
Please check the Vermont Department of Health COVID-19 guidelines for safe travel, prevention measures, and other advisories. This webpage is updated frequently, so please read the most recent announcements.
The timeless natural history exhibits in the Fairbanks Museum main gallery have been refreshed and renewed. You’ll find yourself face-to-face with our gigantic moose, towering bears, hovering hummingbirds, as well as mounts from our collections that have not been on view before. Open spaces include:
- Lyman Spitzer Jr. Planetarium
- Vinton Space Science Gallery
- Main Gallery (natural history)
- Balcony Gallery (Fairbanks Family legacy collections, local artifacts, Inside Out exhibit, John Hampson's Bug Art)
- Soucy Family Exploration Station
- Museum Store
- Shippee Family Eye Care Butterfly House (Open June - Sept)
- Eye on the Sky Weather Observation Station
- Delia Griffin Playground
- Campus picnic tables
In accordance with the safety measures set by the Governor, please respect these rules:
If you’re sick, stay home. Self-isolate if you have a fever or cough, or if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Symptoms include: fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell. To ensure safety of staff and visitors, individuals exhibiting signs of respiratory illness may be refused entry.
Stay six feet away from everyone, except members of your family or group arriving together.
If you are not vaccinated, face coverings are recommended inside our galleries. Wear a mask to cover your nose and mouth. Masks are NOT required for infants and toddlers under the age of 2, anyone who has trouble breathing or becomes unconscious, and anyone who is unable to remove the mask without assistance. Masks are NOT required outside.
Restrooms are available for Fairbanks Museum guests only and access will be restricted to one family at a time.
Infants and toddlers (younger than 2 years old) should be in strollers or carried while indoors.
Water Fountains are not available.
Your safety is our priority, and we will adhere to best practices that minimize exposure to the COVID-19 virus at all times.
- All staff will be wearing protective equipment including masks or behind a plexi shield.
- We will conduct frequent disinfecting of heavy transit areas and high-touch surfaces.
- Members: FREE (please bring your membership card)
- Adults: $12.00
- Seniors (65+)/children (5 -17): $8.00
- Children aged 4 and younger: FREE
You are welcome to enter the Museum as soon as you arrive. We suggest allowing about 2 hours to tour the galleries, take part in programs, and experience our outdoor activities.
Check our calendar for a daily schedule of programming.