Open Wednesday - Sunday
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
We can't wait to welcome you to the Fairbanks Museum! To keep guests and staff safe, we respect the maximum capacity level of 75 people in our gallery at any one time. This capacity has not been reached since we reopened on July 1, and advance reservations are not required for groups of 7 people or fewer. Groups of 8 or more MUST make a reservation in advance by calling 802-748-2372.
When you arrive, you'll be asked to fill in a contact form, which allows us to reach you in case there is a health concern. You'll also be able to wash your hands before entering the gallery.
The timeless natural history exhibits in the Fairbanks Museum main gallery have been refreshed and renewed. You’ll find yourself face-to-face with our gigantic moose, towering bears, hovering hummingbirds, as well as mounts from our collections that have not been on view before. Open spaces include:
- Main Gallery (natural history)
- Balcony Gallery (Fairbanks Family legacy collections, local artifacts, Inside Out exhibit, John Hampson's Bug Art)
- Soucy Family Exploration Station (partially open - some interactive exhibits are temporarily off limits)
- Wildflower Table
- Museum Store
- Shippee Family Eye Care Butterfly House
- Observation Beehive
- Eye on the Sky Weather Observation Station
- StarSpace outdoor astronomy tours
- Children's Nature Corner
- Campus picnic tables
These spaces are temporarily off-limits while we prepare them to welcome you when it’s safe:
- Lyman Spitzer Jr. Planetarium
- Vinton Space Science Gallery
In accordance with the safety measures set by the Governor, please respect these rules:
If you’re sick, stay home. Self-isolate if you have a fever or cough, or if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Symptoms include: fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell. To ensure safety of staff and visitors, individuals exhibiting signs of respiratory illness may be refused entry.
Wash your hands when you enter the building.
Stay six feet away from everyone, except members of your family or group arriving together.
Cloth face coverings are required for guests 3 years old and older. Wear a mask to cover your nose and mouth. Masks are NOT required for infants and toddlers under the age of 2, anyone who has trouble breathing or becomes unconscious, and anyone who is unable to remove the mask without assistance.
Restrooms are available for Fairbanks Museum guests only and access will be restricted to one family at a time.
Infants and toddlers (younger than 2 years old) should be in strollers or carried while indoors.
Water Fountains will not be available.
Your safety is our priority, and we will adhere to best practices that minimize exposure to the COVID-19 virus at all times.
- All staff will be wearing protective equipment including masks or behind a plexi shield.
- We will conduct frequent disinfecting of heavy transit areas and high-touch surfaces.
- We respect the recommended maximum capacity of 75 visitors allowed inside the Museum's galleries at any time.
- Members: FREE (please bring your membership card)
- Adults: $9.00
- Seniors (65+)/children (5 -17): $7.00
- Children aged 4 and younger: FREE
We are operating with a maximum capacity of 75 individuals based on the State of Vermont's guidelines. Groups of 8 or more MUST reserve tickets in advance of your visit. Smaller groups may visit without a reservation. To make a reservation, please call 802-748-2372.
You are welcome to enter the Museum as soon as you arrive. We suggest allowing about 2 hours to tour the galleries, take part in programs, and experience our outdoor activities.
Check our calendar for a daily schedule of outdoor programming in our Shippee Family Eye Care Butterfly House, Astronomy Deck, and Children's Nature Corner.