Hours and Fees
Reopening Saturday, February 27
Galleries open Wednesday - Sunday, 10 AM - 5 PM.
- Members: FREE (please bring your membership card)
- Adults: $9.00
- Seniors (65+)/children (5 -17): $7.00
- Children aged 4 and younger: FREE
Our maximum capacity of 75 individuals based on the State of Vermont's guidelines.
Free, off-street parking is available in a desingated parking lot on Thaddeus Lane. Under the solar canopy, this lot hosts two Level 2 EV charging stations through the ChargePoint network. The first two hours of charging is 20 cents per KWH.
Groups of 8 or more MUST reserve tickets in advance of your visit. Smaller groups may visit without a reservation.
You are welcome to enter the Museum as soon as you arrive. You will be asked to fill out a contact form, which allows us to reach you in case for health or safety reasons. You'll also be able to wash your hands before you enter the galleries. We suggest allowing about 2 hours to tour the galleries.
Please check the Vermont Department of Health COVID-19 guidelines for travel and prevention measures. These advisories are updated frequently -- please be sure to read the most recent announcements.
The timeless natural history exhibits in the Fairbanks Museum main gallery have been refreshed and renewed. You’ll find yourself face-to-face with our gigantic moose, towering bears, hovering hummingbirds, as well as mounts from our collections that have not been on view before. Open spaces include:
- Main Gallery (natural history)
- Balcony Gallery (Fairbanks Family legacy collections, local artifacts, Inside Out exhibit, John Hampson's Bug Art)
- Soucy Family Exploration Station (partially open - some interactive exhibits are temporarily off limits)
- Museum Store
- Eye on the Sky Weather Observation Station
- Delia Griffin Playground
- Campus picnic tables
These spaces are temporarily off-limits while we prepare them to welcome you when it’s safe:
- Lyman Spitzer Jr. Planetarium
- Vinton Space Science Gallery
On view through December 31, 2021