Hours and Fees
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Please read our Staying Safe guidelines before your visit.
We ask that you respect the distancing guidance and remain 6" apart from people who are not part of your group.
- Members: FREE (please bring your membership card)
- Adults: $12.00
- Seniors (65+)/children (5 -17): $8.00
- Children aged 4 and younger: FREE
- Members: FREE
- Nonmembers: $7
The Fairbanks Museum is grateful for support from residents in St. Johnsbury and communities that contribute through municipal appropriations. If you live in any of the these towns, you are welcome to visit the galleries any day, any time at no charge: Barnet, Burke, Concord, Danville, East Haven, Granby, Kirby, Lyndon, Newark, Peacham, St. Johnsbury, Sheffield, Stannard, Sutton, Walden, Waterford, Wheelock and Monroe (NH). There is still a charge to view the planetarium show.
Free, off-street parking is available in a desingated parking lot on Thaddeus Lane. Under the solar canopy, this lot hosts two Level 2 EV charging stations through the ChargePoint network. The first two hours of charging is 20 cents per KWH.
You are welcome to enter the Museum as soon as you arrive. We suggest allowing about 2 hours to tour the galleries.
Please check the Vermont Department of Health COVID-19 guidelines for travel and prevention measures. These advisories are updated frequently -- please be sure to read the most recent announcements.
The timeless natural history exhibits in the Fairbanks Museum main gallery have been refreshed and renewed. You’ll find yourself face-to-face with our gigantic moose, towering bears, hovering hummingbirds, as well as mounts from our collections that have not been on view before. Open spaces include:
- Lyman Spitzer Jr. Planetarium
- Vinton Space Science Gallery
- Main Gallery (natural history)
- Balcony Gallery (Fairbanks Family legacy collections, local artifacts, Inside Out exhibit, John Hampson's Bug Art)
- Soucy Family Exploration Station
- Museum Store
- Shippee Family Eye Care Butterfly House (seasonal, June - Sept)
- Eye on the Sky Weather Observation Station
- Delia Griffin Playground
- Campus picnic tables