Hours and Fees
Open Wednesday - Sunday
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Members: FREE (please bring your membership card)
- Adults: $9.00
- Seniors (65+)/children (5 -17): $7.00
- Children aged 4 and younger: FREE
We are operating with a maximum capacity of 75 individuals based on the State of Vermont's guidelines. Groups of 8 or more MUST reserve tickets in advance of your visit. Smaller groups may visit without a reservation.
Call 802-748-2372 to reserve your visit time.
You are welcome to enter the Museum as soon as you arrive. You will be asked to fill out a contact form, which allows us to reach you in case for health or safety reasons. You'll also be able to wash your hands before you enter the galleries. We suggest allowing about 2 hours to tour the galleries, take part in programs, and experience our outdoor activities.
Please check the Vermont Department of Health COVID-19 guidelines for travel and prevention measures. These advisories are updated frequently -- please be sure to read the most recent announcements.
The timeless natural history exhibits in the Fairbanks Museum main gallery have been refreshed and renewed. You’ll find yourself face-to-face with our gigantic moose, towering bears, hovering hummingbirds, as well as mounts from our collections that have not been on view before. Open spaces include:
- Main Gallery (natural history)
- Balcony Gallery (Fairbanks Family legacy collections, local artifacts, Inside Out exhibit, John Hampson's Bug Art)
- Soucy Family Exploration Station (partially open - some interactive exhibits are temporarily off limits)
- Wildflower Table
- Museum Store
- Eye on the Sky Weather Observation Station
- Delia Griffin Playground
- Campus picnic tables
These spaces are temporarily off-limits while we prepare them to welcome you when it’s safe:
- Lyman Spitzer Jr. Planetarium
- Vinton Space Science Gallery