Online Resources that Go the Distance
Videos to inspire exploration and discovery
We'll meet you where you are.
We jumped into online learning to make sure students continue to learn STEM content as schools adjust to new safety standards. We're offering recorded and live-streaming programs that tailor science content to the needs of your classes. Every Fairbanks Museum learning experience is guided by a trained naturalist with a passion for teaching.
Fall 2021 options for remote learning
- Science Kits: $75/week. These kits include materials and resources you need to teach your students about a specific science topic. ($60/school member)
- STEM Delivery Package: $150
- 30 minute one-on-one teacher consultation with educator Bobby Farlice-Rubio
- 15 minute pre-recorded video (made by our education team) with an activity/challenge
- 30 minute live component with sharing/reflection (in person or online)
- Naturalist in residence: $200 ($150/school member) 1-hour Professional development for teachers where educator Bobby Farlice-Rubio visits your school to look at the surrounding land and advise on how to teach making the best use of natural resources, plants, landscape, and other available elements. Additional time can be negotiated. ($50/hour)
Contact Karina Weiss for more about Fairbanks remote learning options and professional development.
Here are samples of videos we love that we're happy to offer at no charge.
Outdoors with Bobby Farlice-Rubio
Educator Bobby Farlice-Rubio invites you to explore fields, forests, and wetlands in northern New England. You'll be by his side as he encounters animals and plants while he points out seasonal changes in the natural habits around us.
Take the Critter Challenge!
Here are some ideas for after school or at-home projects to keep young naturalists engaged and help them become keen observers of the natural world.