For Scout Groups
Scout Group Visit or Sleepover at the Museum
We have six slots during the year for a Friday or Saturday night sleepover at the museum. A 50 minute planetarium show with a live presenter is included for $25 per person. Minimum group of 20, maximum group size of 45. A typical overnight stay includes:
- 6:00 PM - Arrival
- 6:30 PM - Planetarium Program
- 7:30 PM - Main floor exploration
- 8:00 PM - Snack
- 8:15 PM - Main floor walk with flashlights
- 8:45 PM - Set up sleeping areas, get ready for bed, brush teeth, etc...
- 9:15 PM - Lights out
- 9:45 PM - Fall asleep
- 5:00 AM - Wake up/reading, card games
- 6:30 AM - Everyone up, lights on
- 7:00 AM - Breakfast snack
- 7:30 AM - Pack up
- 8:00 AM - Wrap up
Snacks are allowed but we do ask that you have dinner before arriving at the museum. We can provide snacks for an additonal $5 per person.
The planetairum program is the Tonight's Skies presentation. This class explores the night's skies on the day of the visit in the planetarium and focuses on what can be seen from students' back yards. While touring the night sky, the museum educator will relate what is seen to science, mythology, planetary science, and current events.
If interested please contact Leila Nordmann to schedule a sleepover.