Scout Group Visit or Sleepover at the Museum
During a group visit, we offer live planetarium shows and classes for you group to participate in. Choose from planetariums and classes listed here.
We have six slots during the year for a Friday or Saturday night sleepover at the museum. An hour planetarium with a live presenter on Tonight's Skies is included for $25 per person. Minimum group of 20, maximum group size of 45. A typical overnight stay includes:
- 6pm-Arrive and bring things in, bathrooms, troop talk and explore the main floor of the museum
- 6:30pm Tonight's Skies planetarium
- 7:30 main floor exploration and think about sleeping spot
- 8:00 snack
- 8:15 Main floor walk with flashlights
- 8:45pm set up sleeping areas, get ready for bed, brush teeth, etc...
- 9:15pm turning off lights and then more
- 9:45pm fall asleep
- 5am wake up/reading, card games
- 6:30am everyone up, lights on
- 7am snack
- 7:30am pack up
- 8am - 9am finish looking around
Snacks are allowed but we do ask that you have dinner before arriving at the museum. We can provide snacks for an additonal $5 per person.
If interested please contact Leila Nordmann to schedule a sleepover.