Fri, Nov 29, 12:00-4:00 PM: Autosaver Group Take Apart & Build It New is your chance to peek under the “hood” of household machines and find out what makes them tick. Have you ever wondered what’s inside that clock? What drives your remote controlled toy? What gears and gadgets will you find inside common machines?
Once you’ve pulled a contraption apart, build something new with the pieces! Unleash your imagination to create new contraptions and creatures to take home.
Come at 12:00 PM or 2:00 PM on Friday, November 29. We’ll have two two-hour sessions, with the first hour devoted to taking apart and the second to building something new. You can stay as long as you’d like. This event is FREE with Museum admission, thanks to sponsorship from the Autosaver Group. Start your holiday season by making something uniquely yours.
We ask that all participants follow these rules:
- The room where the event will take place is NOT accessible to those who cannot navigate stairs.
- All participants who will take something apart must be eight-years-old or older.
- Bring items that you would like to take apart and we’ll supply the materials to help you build something new out of it.
- Please DO NOT bring old computer screens, televisions, or anything else that might contain a cathode ray tube.
- Please DO NOT bring anything with large glass screens, unless you remove the glass first.
- Bring your own eye safety wear. We will have a few to borrow.
- We will have a limit of 30 children for each two-hour session.
- ADULT SUPERVISION REQUIRED: Please stay with your child and guide them to keep the event safe for everyone.