- Wheelchair access is located at the East Entrance of the building.
- Free and metered parking is available on Main Street, just outside the Museum.
- Women's and men's bathrooms are located downstairs, and a universal ADA-accessible bathroom is located on the main floor.
You'll be greeted by our wondrous Victorian architecture. As you enter our lobby, you'll check in at the front reception desk. Our Volunteers will accept payment and answer any questions you may have.
- Our Planetarium schedule is now displayed in our entrance lobby and is updated weekly.
- You'll be amazed by all the rare and historical artifacts, as well as the technological displays, such as the Omniglobe. From birds to bears, butterflies to weather storms, there's enough to fill an entire day.
Ask about our Closer Look Scavenger Hunts at the front desk for your children who wish to get even more engaged in all that we have to offer!
Traveling a long distance?
- The St. Johnsbury Chamber of Commerce has a business directory, community calendar and lots of tips for places to stay, eat and visit.
- There are many places to grab a coffee or dine in the area: Cafe Gatto Nero, Eastern & Main Deli, Dylan's Cafe, The Wine Gate, and Kingdom Taproom are all within walking distance!
- If you've brought your lunch with you, we highly recommend our Museum's grassy courtyard. Accessible through the East Entrance of the building, our courtyard is complete with picnic tables and plenty of shade.
- Nearest ATM: Eastern & Main Deli
You don't have to say goodbye!
- On your way out, please visit the Gift Shop to bring home your Fairbanks Museum memorabilia, local artisan crafts, unique crystals and stones, and cute stuffed animals to remind you of your adventure.
- We're eager to know what you enjoyed and how we could make the experience even richer. Be sure to sign the Guest Book!