Not sure what to expect when you arrive? At Fairbanks Museum we aim to assist you and your students to best prepare for your visit!
- Wheelchair access is located at the East Entrance of the building.
- Buses may park for free on Main Street, closest to the building. Bus drivers will receive free admittance!
- Free and metered parking is also available on Main Street for all other transportation.
- Women's and men's bathrooms are located downstairs, and an ADA-accessible bathroom is located on the main floor.
You'll be greeted by our wondrous victorian architecture, and one of our Educators will be sure to welcome you as you enter our lobby!
We'll already have your classroom set up for you. When students bring their lunches, we set up tables in different classrooms for students to place bags and lunch containers. If the weather isn't warm enough to eat outside in our beautiful courtyard, we have plenty of chairs available to sit at the tables.
During this time, someone from your group may check in at the front reception desk. Our Volunteers will accept payment and answer any questions you may have!
During your stay
- There are many opportunities for school groups to take part in our Educational Classes! Generally you can expect class duration to be one hour, and there's always time for a q & a. For more information on available classes and programs head on over to our Education page to learn what we have to offer.
- For those spending the better part of the day with us, we strongly encourage you to grab one of our Closer Look Scavenger Hunts! Located to the left of the front desk, we have all kinds of enticing and exciting scavenger hunts for students of all ages. (Clipboards are available upon request.)
- Granted those Kodiak and Polar bears are pretty scary, but the Museum features even more amazing fascinations such as the high-tech Omniglobe, The Soucy Family Exploration Station, and especially our new X-Ray: Fish Inside and Out exhibit provided by the Smithsonian Institution.
You don't have to say goodbye!
We're sorry to see you go but we are so glad that you came! Be sure to stop by our Gift Shop where you can find Fairbanks Museum memorabilia as well as many artisan crafts, unique crystals to add to your collection, and fun stuffed animals to remind you of your adventure!
* For large school groups, we recommend you time and rotate your students in and out of the Gift Shop while shopping as we have a 15 person max capacity.
We encourage school groups to sign our Guest Book, which can be found near the front reception desk on your way out.
Thank you so much for being a part of Fairbanks Museum & Planetarium, we look forward to seeing you!